Database Management

Discussion in 'Pre-sales questions' started by Guest, Jun 19, 2010.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Hi
    Im looking to move from another site they have just upgraded their platform and in the process of going to sql 2008 you cant do anything with database. im not the smartest in this realm. the databases that were imported from old platform cannot be deleted or modified and then they have no way of uploading new ,or restore. so i created 3 more(making it the 5 allowed) and generated scripts,exported data to make them work but as i learned how to recreate the structure remotely i decided to delete the 3 and start again. but the problem is their control panel says i only have 2 but i cant create any more is this going to be the same here or is there some published user rules that you define for management. i read your restore, their mylittleadmin failed in restore because i created backup uploaded through mylittleadmin to their server but it wanted to restore to my local machine path and failed. do you use the same program which doesnt work at all for them.

2. Ray

Ray

It sounds like you used up all the SQL space given to you.

It can be misleading to see that you are allowed 5 databases.

Remember that you have only so many SQL space given to you. If you get 500 MB of SQL space then you can have 5 databases but you can only set them up with 100 MB each.

If you create one database and you give it 300 MB, then essentially you can have two databases but with 100 MB each.