Control Panel load times

Discussion in 'Pre-sales questions' started by smalaw, Jan 11, 2010.

1. I'm @ 1and1 5+ years now. In the past I have had (at my home) very fast bandwidth but now I'm 10x dial-up. The control panel I have now has always been slow to load even when I had 4,000x dial-up. I use TinyMCE to upload data into my DB at exceptionally fast speeds (or I would not be there now); I don't access the control panel but to zip & store a .bak to my DB import folder so I live with their slowness there.

Does your control panel load quickly on home computers even with slow bandwidth? And if so why? And why might they be so slow?

I do not have access to your control panel because I'm not a paying customer but I see the demo and forums load here extremely fast in comparison. Oh I should say they can give me a quick zip file too.

2. Ray

Ray

Internet speed is really dictated by the person (or the computer) pulling up the site and not the site itself. We have taken great care to optimize our custom built control panel. But it will be on your end whether the control panel loads up fast or not.

One of the best way to find out is to perform a traceroute test and ping test to our server. Simply type tracert www.Winhost.com or ping www.Winhost.com. If you are in the United States, you should see the response time under 100 milisecond.

If you want to see our control panel and its features and how it will function on your computer, you may want to look at our demo control panel.

https://demo.Winhost.com/default.aspx

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  3. Well Ray thank you for the quick answer but 6 months ago I could upload a 30mb & download a 200mb file in seconds yet after I log in at 1and1 I was instantly transferred to the dark ages. Things are exactly the same now even though I've been forced to downgrade. Now I conclude they must have inefficient pages. As I said your demo and forums do good (but I can't log in) so I conclude you have an efficient setup on the outside as do they. I can access 1and1's advertisements and they load reasonably well according to the content. But the place I need to function - NO.
    Are you as efficient on the inside as on the outside?

4. Ray

Ray

The demo control panel I sent you is an actual account and it uses the same back end an official account will use. So in other words the demo account is on the same server and system as any other account. The only exception of course is that the demo account automatically logins with a predefined demo login credentials.
    If you find the navigation of the demo control panel fairly fast then you should fine the same speed with an official Winhost account.