Contacts Moved to Junk

Discussion in 'Email' started by Daniel Wojcik, Dec 17, 2019.

1. What am I doing wrong? I thought it said anyone in your contact lists would bypass spam-checking, but it doesn't seem to work.

For instance:

X-SmarterMail-Spam: SPF_Pass, Reverse DNS Lookup [Passed], ISpamAssassin 0 [raw: 0], SpamAssassin -14, DK_None, DKIM_Pass, SORBS - Recent
    X-SmarterMail-TotalSpamWeight: 0 (Trusted Sender - User)

To me, that looks like it should have gone to the inbox, but it was in the Junk email folder. Along with a LOT of others in my trusted sender list.

Dan

2. Elshadriel

Elshadriel Winhost Staff

What did you set your default action as? Did you override the default settings?

3. Honestly, at this point, I have no idea what I've done or haven't done. I've gone in and "adjusted" things so many times, I no longer know what the settings "should" be. But shouldn't someone in the trusted senders list override any overrides anyway?

I wish there was a "reset to defaults" button.

4. ComputerMan

ComputerMan Winhost Staff

Maybe it's a content filter moving it to the junk folder. What is the weight of the email message in the current Junk folder?

Do you currently have a content filter enabled?

5. The weights are 0

But I thought trusted senders bypass all that, anyway. No? I don't need friends gewtting tossed into the Junk folder just because they mention that they've started a Keto diet or have toenail fungus.