Change Application Pool User

Discussion in 'Site Programming, Development and Design' started by Goatie, Jul 30, 2011.

1. Forgive my ignorance on this as I'm new to Windows hosting.

In order to get my EntityFramework 4.1 application to work locally on my machine I had to change the Identity the Default App Pool ran as to NT AUTHORITY\Network Service and then allow that user access to my database.

It would seem at the moment that I'm unable to do this through IIS Manager and also SQL Management Studio.

Is this due to restrictions on me by Winhost or do I have to do this through the web-based control panel, and if so, where is the options?

I think even running the DefaultAppPool under the DB_xxxx_phoenix_user username might work since that user already has access to my database.

Is this something that is allowed or can anyone suggest a work around?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  2. You shouldnt need to change anything. However you probably want to change your trust level to full in your web.config. What is the issue you are having?

3. You're right, apologies, it was my own fault. I had a web.config transform set up for my 'Release' build but published my 'Debug' build to my Winhost account by mistake. Hence the connection string was incorrect.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015