Can't connect to my FTP server via ASP.NET codebehind

Discussion in 'FTP' started by Acotoz, Jul 25, 2012.

1. Greetings

For the life of me I can't figure why I have this problem, I am able to connect via FTP clients like Filezilla, but can't connect through my website application using ASP.NET

I've tried everything, creating several users with permissions, using the secondary ftp hostname, everything.

The error code is: unexpected response code 220 from ftp server, expected 33x

I did some research and that code doesn't even supposed to be a error. Anyways if you can please help me I would really appreciate it.

Thanks

2. same here... but not totally. I needed to develop a window service that will do the FTP transfer to my website. And I don't want to use my main account login all the time for security purposes, I created FTP login to have read/write access to a particular folder only. I tried to use it but I can't... even in main window explorer. BUT, if I use my main login, I can do it in explorer and do it programatically without any problems at all.... so for now, I workaround I'm doing is to encrypt username and password in my config file.

if you don't mind using your main ftp login, I suggest you check the properties for Passive, try to swtich it (true/false).