Cannot load all the data from database

Discussion in 'Databases' started by Ei Thu, Apr 7, 2014.

1. Hi, I am doing a Google Map which can show traffic condition on the map. All the data are stored in phpmyadmin. When I tested on LocalHost, there is no problem. But when I run on the server, the map can't load all the data from the database. It will stop after a while. I have uploaded user.ini to my root folder. Is there any limitation as my database is 85123KB big? How do I configure?

PS: I had the same problem when I tested it on Wamp Server, but after I made some changes to php.ini, it works fine. So my user.ini includes the same changes that I made to php.ini on Wamp Server.

2. rum

rum Winhost Staff

Can you please provide more information on the problem? After how much time the data stops loading? Is there any error displayed? What exact changes you did in php.ini on Wamp Server and in user.ini on Winhost? What is the quota in megabytes set on your Winhost MySQL database?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  3. I have 5 days data in my database. The stopping time is different from each time.
    Here is my url for your ref: http://nypinfo.net/traffic/15feb.php
    This is the only changes I made in wamp server php.ini and I uploaded this as user.ini.
    post_max_size = 750M
    upload_max_filesize = 750M
    max_execution_time = 5000
    max_input_time = 5000
    memory_limit = 1000M
    date.timezone = “Asia/Singapore”

There is no error displayed. I think the program continue to run without showing more data.
    Quota set on Winhost MySQL database is 100MB because I only need 81MB.

4. Generally speaking, if your application needs or consistently uses 1000MB of memory you are going to run in to problems, regardless of what you set the php memory_limit to, because you're going to be exceeding the 300MB allocated to your application pool. If the application pool recycles, of course the connection to your database will be lost.

I don't believe there are similar memory use restrictions on the MySQL server itself, so this issue may not be related to the database specifically, but rather to the application that's requesting the data (@rum will know if I'm mistaken about that).

5. But my whole database is only 81MB, it's for 5days data.. I request 1 day data each time. Cannot be more than 300MB.
    Is running on the Winhost server different from running on localhost using wamp server?

6. Yes.

The 'a' in wamp is for the Apache web server, and here your site runs on the IIS web server.

Also, when you run anything locally you have access to most of your system memory, and on a shared web server here you have access only to as much memory as the quota for your plan, which in your case is 300MB. You can use more than that for brief periods, but if the memory usage is consistently above 300MB the application pool will recycle (another thing that doesn't hampen in a LAMP setup).

I'm not saying that's definitely what's happening, but it's one thing that could be happening. It's more likely than a problem/bottleneck on the MySQL server.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2015