Can you create a web site project in VS 2013 Express for web and deploy it to WinHost site?

Discussion in 'Site Programming, Development and Design' started by Jayaram Krishnaswamy, Feb 21, 2014.

1. Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  2. Tabitha

Tabitha WinHost HBIC

Web Deploy in VS 2013 is supported. VS 2013 Express shouldn't be any different. What is the problem you're having?

Michael likes this.
  3. I create a web site project(File System) and try to use the menu Publish and I get the following error.
    I use the Control Panel credentials for username/password
    I use Winhost.com for server name.
    I create a profile
    I use the URL of temporary site on Winhost
    For site name I use /Test

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  4. ComputerMan

ComputerMan Winhost Staff

Michael likes this.
  5. rum

rum Winhost Staff

You need to change the Framework version of your application from to 4.0. The .NET Framework can be changed in Control Panel by clicking the ASP .NET Version icon in the Site Tools section.

ComputerMan and Michael like this.
  6. Strange I did not see the 4.x in the drop-down but now I see it. Looks like I am able to publish but I cannot access as it requires a username/password. The ones I have for Control Panel does not work. Where do I find the correct pair?

------ Build started: Project: WebSite1Test, Configuration: Debug Any CPU ------
    ------ Publish started: Project: WebSite1Test, Configuration: Debug Any CPU ------
    Transformed Web.config using C:\Users\mysorian\Documents\Visual Studio 2013\WebSites\WebSite1Test\Web.Debug.config into C:\Users\mysorian\AppData\Local\Temp\WebSitePublish\WebSite1Test--385737728\obj\Debug\TransformWebConfig\transformed\Web.config.
    Auto ConnectionString Transformed C:\Users\mysorian\AppData\Local\Temp\WebSitePublish\WebSite1Test--385737728\obj\Debug\TransformWebConfig\transformed\Web.config into C:\Users\mysorian\AppData\Local\Temp\WebSitePublish\WebSite1Test--385737728\obj\Debug\CSAutoParameterize\transformed\Web.config.
    Copying all files to temporary location below for package/publish:
    C:\Users\mysorian\AppData\Local\Temp\WebSitePublish\WebSite1Test--385737728\obj\Debug\Package\PackageTmp.
    Start Web Deploy Publish the Application/package to https://w16.Winhost.com:8172/MsDeploy.axd?site=mysorian.com ...
    Adding ACL's for path (mysorian.com/myapp)
    Adding ACL's for path (mysorian.com/myapp/App_Data)
    Updating file (mysorian.com/myapp\App_Data\StarterSite.sdf).
    Adding ACL's for path (mysorian.com/myapp/App_Data)
    Publish Succeeded.
    Site was published successfully http://www.mysorian.com/myapp
    ========== Build: 1 succeeded or up-to-date, 0 failed, 0 skipped ==========
    ========== Publish: 1 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 skipped ==========
    =====================================
    It does get published, but the default page displays an error.
    I think there is a problem in publishing a web site application suing VS 2013 Express for web to my site on your server. VS2103 by default uses ASP.NET 4.5 (I believe).