can not access site through secondary url

Discussion in 'General troubleshooting' started by Vince, Jul 12, 2015.

1. I have published my site using VS 2014, my images are there and all my pages. When I attempt to access the site through the secondary URL I get either Page can not be displayed make sure the url is correct or I get

Web Page is Unavailable
    We are very sorry.

The web page you are trying to reach is unavailable.

Please contact the Website Administrator.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

I am using pchsorg0.w20.wh-2.com for my access, I can FTP just fine using filezilla or publish from VS. I can see and create email, I can not see the site before I do DNS transfer. Any suggestions?

If I give it a specific page name default.aspx it tells me the resource cannot be found

Last edited: Jul 12, 2015
  2. I don't get an error, I see your directory structure at the temporary URL (an images directory with a couple of subdirectories). When I connect via FTP I see the same files. Just images, no pages.

3. I deleted everything and rebuilt the site using win deploy instead of FTP. Everything seemed to be going good until I got to the end and now I am getting this message.
    Prior to the error I had accidently hit the site, but got a resource not found / no master page. Though I've loaded many FTP websites, this is my first as a project, thus the reason for win deploy.

Compilation Error Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately. I

Compiler Error Message: CS0433: The type 'ASP.global_asax' exists in both 'f:\tempdir\v4.0.30319\root\419f44a9\8a69cb0e\App_global.asax.xw13ajs4.dll' and 'f:\tempdir\v4.0.30319\root\419f44a9\8a69cb0e\assembly\dl3\f50b2d40\2f0bcb7a_1dbed001\App_global.asax.DLL'

Source Error:

[No relevant source lines]

Source File: f:\tempdir\v4.0.30319\root\419f44a9\8a69cb0e\App_Web_site.master.cdcab7d2.jlkmk8jq.0.cs Line: 182

4. ComputerMan

ComputerMan Winhost Staff

This might sounds strange but connect to your site via FTP.

Renamed your web.config to web.config_OLD

Make a HTTP hit to your site again. (You will get a new error because the web.config file was renamed.)

Renamed the web.config_OLD file back to web.config

Make a new HTTP hit to your site and tell us what happens.

-----

If that doesn't work. Try renaming the App_Data folder to App_DataOLD

Make a HTTP hit again to the site. (You will get a new error message because you renamed the App_Data folder)

Rename the App_DataOLD folder back to App_Data

Now make a HTTP hit to your site. Tell us what you see now.

Michael likes this.
  5. Thank you computer man, but I created a ticket last night and Winhost immediately responded it turned out that my deploy was precompiling and there were two aspx_global files being created, I recycled my pool through IIS and deleted the extra files in the BIN folder. That did the trick the site is now fully functional, well for as much of it as I have done.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
    Michael and ComputerMan like this.