BlogEngine in a Subdirectory

Discussion in 'Third-party applications' started by cossy74, Jun 7, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Hi,

Has anyone tried to create a sub-directory and install BlogEngine into this sub-directory. However the whole admin section does not show anything but a browser directory listing of the location.

I created an application start location from the control panel for the directory. Then I web deployed the code from visual studio into this directory.

The file structure of the whole site is as follows:
    /Root <-- Main web site
    /Blogs <-- BlogEngine

Regards,
    Stephen

2. I just tried something similar, but I get a different error: ' Cannot add duplicate collection entry of type 'add' with unique key attribute 'name' set to 'UrlRewrite''

So I tried adding <remove> tags in the web.config, but the pages give me an error on the error page error.

Is there any documentation on installing these third party tools?

3. Elshadriel

Elshadriel Winhost Staff

Not really. The App Installer tool works if that's the only application you install in your hosting account, but whenever you mix applications esp. Content Management Systems, you're bound to run into some kind of web.config configuration issue. To resolve the issue, you'll need to read up on documentation on how the web.config file works and resolve each error you encounter one at a time.