Blank responses (status 200) from newly configured app

Discussion in 'General troubleshooting' started by MobyusMark, Oct 25, 2015.

1. I'm configuring a new subdomain/app instance for purposes of testing my web app before I publish to my main site.

The main site is tallysports.com and the test/QA site is going to be dev.tallysports.com.

The contents of the new testing site are identical to the main site. I can get the new site to return static content (images, plain html pages) but when I request any .aspx pages I get a completely blank response with a "200 OK" status. This happens after what can be 30+ seconds. I've been banging my head against the wall trying to troubleshoot this and search the web for solutions, but I'm unable to determine any way in which the two instances are different in any of the configurations.

I've tried deleting and re-adding the app instance from within the winhost dashboard. Otherwise, I've mostly looked for ways in which IIS might be configured differently or any web.config settings that might account for this with no luck.

Any assistance or pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mark

2. Hi Mark, I'm not sure you can add a subdomain to a domain pointer just by adding the A record to the dns for the domain pointer (which it looks like you've done), but you might want to open up a support ticket and let those guys take a look.