Bin folder and DLL

Discussion in 'Site Programming, Development and Design' started by maric01, Apr 29, 2012.

1. Hi,

I have a website hosted at Winhost and I would like to know what's the best practice for my "not really problem".

I have my "regular" website that can be reached www.domain.com but I also created a domain pointer gestion.domain.com that become gestion.domain.com\gestion

In IIS, I have created the gestion folder and transfered all my aspx files in in. I'm using ajaxtoolkit and the DLL are in the gestion\bin\ folder.

when trying my site with gestion.domain.com\gestion, there's problem with the DLL since he can't find them. I tried to put the bin folder in the root and it worked.

It is the best way to do that ?
    If I really wanted to put it in gestion\bin\, How can I make it work ? A change in web.config ?

Thanks for the help !

Richard
    An happy Winhost customer

This is the error :
    Parser Error

Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Source Error:

[No relevant source lines]

Source File: none Line: 0

Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to determine why the assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit' could not be loaded.

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
    To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
    Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
    To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  2. Elshadriel

Elshadriel Winhost Staff

You probably need to the mark the directory as an Application Starting Point. Please use the Winhost Control Panel to do this.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015