Aurigma Image Uploader Error uploading image via no-IE browser

Discussion in 'Third-party applications' started by reevesie, Sep 6, 2012.

1. Hi all,

I'm using the Aurigma image uploader component to control. It give me the ability to select and upload multiple files at once.

The component works well in IE but keeps giving an error when testing in of browsers.

I mail Aurigma re the problem and they say that it points to the authentication i'm using with my hosting site (Winhost). I've posted here response at the bottom of this thread.

Is anyone using this component in their dotnet apps? If so, I need some advice/help on how to change my authentication levels.

Help please.

Regards,
    Graham.

Message from Aurigma

Hi Graham,

I tested your link in Chrome and it seems to work. I was able to upload files.
    However, in your Java console I can see the error message:

WARNING: Authentication scheme ntlm not supported
    05 Sep 2012 2:41:00 PM org.apache.http.impl.client.i a
    WARNING: Authentication error: Unable to respond to any of these challenges: {kerberos=Proxy-Authenticate: Kerberos, ntlm=Proxy-Authenticate: NTLM, negotiate=Proxy-Authenticate: Negotiate}
    Aurigma Image Uploader: chunk upload: off
    Aurigma Image Uploader: error: exception com.aurigma.imageuploader.upload.UploadException thrown.
    <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
    com.aurigma.imageuploader.upload.UploadException
    at com.aurigma.imageuploader.upload.w.a(Unknown Source)
    at com.aurigma.imageuploader.upload.m.a(Unknown Source)
    at com.aurigma.imageuploader.upload.n.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Aurigma Image Uploader: upload failed! Error code = 4,

Error code 4 means server-side error. In your case the problem is in NTLM authentication. Unfortunately we have NTLM support in ActiveX version only (that is why it works in IE), Java version doesn’t support NTLM.
    I could recommend you not to use this type of authentication. Please learn more details here.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any additional questions.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  2. Hello reevesie,

As far as I understand you have problem with Java uploader. Aurigma correctly said that Java does not support NTLM authentication on the server.

If you use Winhost hosting services, I think, it will be better to contact Winhost support team and ask this question them.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  3. NTLM is supported on our end, it looks like it isn't supported in one of the versions of the application. The application vendor is saying, "I could recommend you not to use this type of authentication." They are telling you not to use the Java version.