Asynch refresh not working with AJAX

Discussion in 'Site Programming, Development and Design' started by mwulfe, Mar 2, 2012.

1. I'm using VB in VS.Net 2010, version 10.0.40219.1 SP1Rel, Framework version 4.0.30319 SP1Rel. It's a simple site with one page using an updatepanel. It works fine locally, but when I upload it to Winhost the entire page, not just the updatepanel, refreshes.

I have a feeling I need to change a setting in my web.config, but no idea what. Anyone know what I need to do?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  2. I'm running into the same thing...

but MWulfe, it appears you solved your problem?

would love to know how you did it. Setting System.Web.Extensions to copy local and specific version didn't do the trick for me. I'm a bit stumped, I must say.

I'm building a 4.0 web application, and thought I toss on an UpdatePanel and ScriptManager on one screen to spice it up a bit... and the update panel works fine locally, but fails gracefully (?) to a full postback when deployed.

3. Not sure if I remember...

It's been more than 3 years since I had that problem, but I seem to remember that it was something embarrassingly simple like a setting in the config file. I do remember that I solved it by going back to the ajax controls documentation.

Sorry I can't be more specific. At my age I'm grateful when I can remember stuff from a week ago.

4. Ray

Ray

Actually a lot of Ajax issues can be caused by not uploading all the proper AJAX controller DLL's in the applications Bin folder. In the older Visual Studio (2010) you have to manually set it to deploy the deployable dependencies. With VS 2012 it should be automatic. Now, this may not exactly be the problem, but it is always one of the easiest things to over look.