Adding website to localhost via IIS manager

Discussion in 'General troubleshooting' started by singularity, Jun 23, 2012.

1. Hey guys, I've not a clue on how this is supposed to work. I'm trying to set up a VM in order to test if my site can even run on Winhost's servers because of the site memory allocation limits. However, adding my site to localhost is proving to be a migraine. It ask for a physical path on my local disk drive... but I don't know how to download my website files or clone them in any way. Hopefully you guys could help me out with that. pl0x?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  2. ComputerMan

ComputerMan Winhost Staff

Try using an FTP program to download all your site's files from the web server.

You can use a FTP client like FileZilla. This can be downloaded here: http://filezilla-project.org/

To learn how to connect to your site using FileZilla please read our knowledge base article here: Configuring FileZilla to access your web site

Once connected you will be able to select all your files from the web server and then download them to your local computer.

Hope this helps :)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  3. Thanks a lot, this helps. I didn't think to check into filezilla. I remember being told about it, but I just didn't remember it at the time. Cheers.