3 Questions Before Purchasing

Discussion in 'Pre-sales questions' started by Cenan, Mar 11, 2012.

1. Hello there,

I have 3 simple questions and need a suggestions on which webhosting plan would work based on the answers.

1- Will my ASP website work with any of your webhosting plans?

2- The website has this ASP to HTML URL overwrite built-in, will it work with any of your webhosting plans?

3- I do have my own SSL certificate from Verisign. Will I be able to use it?

Thank you very much. Site is currently at www.medhillstravel.com

Cenan Yunusoglu.

2. ComputerMan

ComputerMan Winhost Staff

"Will my ASP website work with any of your webhosting plans?"

It sure will! We support classic ASP and ASP.NET. You can check out our Hosting Plans page for more information You might also want to check out our Features page for more info too

"The website has this ASP to HTML URL overwrite built-in, will it work with any of your webhosting plans?"

I'm not sure by what you mean by this. But, let me go ahead and give you an option that you can use.

You may also use the URL Rewrite module to do redirection. Please read our knowledge base article on how to connect to your IIS service using IIS Manager here: Using the Microsoft IIS 7.0 Manager

"I do have my own SSL certificate from Verisign. Will I be able to use it?"

This might be a little tricky but you might have to re-key or reissue your SSL Certificate in order to us it on our servers. You will need to generate the CSR on our web server. This you will be able to do through our control panel. Then provide the new CSR (that you created on our hosting control panel) to the SSL certificate provider (Verisign) and ask them to reissue the SSL Certificate for the new server. Please read our knowledge base article SSL certificates, intermediate certificates and browser compatibility

In general, we recommend the use of "single root" certificates, such as those issued by:
    RapidSSL.com
    VeriSign.com
    thawte.com

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  3. Dear CM,

Thank you very much for your promt response.

Sorry, I couldn't explain the question #2 proparly. My current website is ASP but the pages have URL overwrite which shows the pages as HTML. I was wondering if the site would function with any of the hosting plans...?

#3 - As long as I am allowed to install my own certificate, I know how to take care of it.

Finally, if the answer is yes to #2, please let me know which hosting plan I should get.

Thank you very much.
    Cenan

4. OK, so I purchased a Winhost basic plan and uploaded the entire site. It seems like it is not functioning at all.

www.turkeygreecetours.com

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  5. rum

rum Winhost Staff

When visiting your site, the following custom error is displayed:

Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a000d'
    Type mismatch: 'rcayar'
    /default.asp, line 71

You are probably running into a programming issue described in this Microsoft support Knowledge Base article. Please review your code in default.asp page at line 71.

6. I think I know why it didn't work but I really need to know the answer to the following question.

My current website is ASP but the pages have URL overwrite which shows the pages as HTML. I was wondering if the site would function with any of the hosting plans...?

Thank you.