Winhost tools and product

Discussion in 'Customer testimonials' started by dpcolgan, Mar 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Threads that have been inactive for 5 years or longer are closed to further replies. Please start a new thread.
  1. dpcolgan

dpcolgan .net Programmer

Gotta tell ya...too soon to say overwhelmingly thrilled but I've been here for two weeks and you provide alot of the tools I've been begging my other host providers to give for three years... so far I'm a fan!:)

2. Ray

Ray

Thanks for the compliment. We look forward to hearing from you and any suggestions or features you would like to see with our service.

3. dpcolgan

dpcolgan .net Programmer

As a followup. I think the pre-sales information that you provide needs to be revised. A person who reads your information (as I have found many before me in the forum have found out) will think that you can host "unlimited domains" on the one account. This is in fact UNTRUE in the specific sense. True, you can have many domains pointed to this "site" however you cannot truly host many domains as independent entities. You have only one "web application". This is very misleading. You should make certain that people better understand this.

Otherwise there are some very nice features here but right off the bat people get the impression that they are being hustled because of the impression they have been given and then in reality it does not pan out as correct. You would be much better off hawking a complete hosting site with SQL Server Database for only $4.95!...

I love the restore feature, I love the ease of use and functionality of the email system. I don't want to sound completely anti-Winhost because I think these features are very handy. I just think being clearer would resolve this issue.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  4. Ray

Ray

I think what maybe misleading is the title 'Domains'. Maybe there are a lot of interpretation of domains meaning a website. Actually that is not true. Domains do not amount to a website just as a website does not amount to a domain name. Neither really are dependent on each other. You can register a domain name and never have a website associated with it or you can host a website and never have a domain name associated with it. You can always pull up a website simply by using a secondary URL or unique IP address. As far as I can tell, only an email address is purely dependent on a domain name because it associates the email address with the domain name.

5. Yeah, it's difficult to explain in a simple way because the setup is a little unusual; an account being a "container" if you will, for the sites. On top of that, as Ray said, the ability to register domains not associated with a site, etc.

Thread Status:
Threads that have been inactive for 5 years or longer are closed to further replies. Please start a new thread.