Migrated to winhost.com without a hitch.

Discussion in 'Customer testimonials' started by gharris, May 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Threads that have been inactive for 5 years or longer are closed to further replies. Please start a new thread.
  1. Migrating from a different web host service to Winhost.com was straightforward. I use BlogEngine.Net and ScrewTurn wiki, and they both migrated without issue. I didn't even need to adjust directory permissions. My Ajax controls came right up without any issues.

Email switch over was simple. All I had to do was create a couple of email accounts and my domain was up and running.

Performance so far has been excellent. We look forward to a long relationship with Winhost.com. The pre-sales support really sold me on their service.

Gene

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  2. Ray

Ray

Thanks for the compliments. We try to do our best to provide quality service and a stable and reliable hosting environment.

3. Even happier after a couple of weeks

It's been a week. Still love Winhost.com. Here's an email I sent to a friend:

=== My view of Winhost.com ===

I created a new database for experimentation. Piece of cake. Their KB articles are simple and seem to work right out of the box.

FTPES works out of the box with FileZila. No funny setups. No secondary server connections.

I gather tech support is pretty good. I don't know. I haven't had to use them. :)

Using IIS 7 administrative application rocks for managing a web site. :D

Mail is smarter mail. The only problem I had is when I moved my domain from webhost4life.com, and then deleted the customer account, they also deleted my smarter mail account. Since the same domain name was in play, webhost4life blew away my smarter mail account, which had been transferred to Winhost. Had to set that back up.

Fast. Also, traffic is a bit higher. I had noticed a lot of times on wh4l that my site was really slow, to the point of giving up. I think maybe I was losing traffic. I got some more emails from migrated customers. I don't think it's going well for wh4l.

Web site statistics rock. Nice application.

Hope you are doing well.

Take care,
    Gene

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  4. Thanks for the follow up! Glad you like the service.

That may be an understatement...

Thread Status:
Threads that have been inactive for 5 years or longer are closed to further replies. Please start a new thread.