Just what I was looking for

Discussion in 'Customer testimonials' started by Lionell, Jul 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Threads that have been inactive for 5 years or longer are closed to further replies. Please start a new thread.
  1. I wanted a no hassle Web Host for aspx web pages. I didn't want to have to fight with tech support to configure the directory structure, permission , sub domain, and email address settings. I did not want nor need to have my hand held nor be protected from myself. Finally, I did not want to have to pay through the nose for it. Winhost is EXACTLY what I have been looking for. In a word: FANTASTIC!

The ONLY down side I have found so far is that sometimes FTP uploads hang for the better part of a minute. However, considering the service is costing me less than $5 a month, it's not a problem worth agonizing over. I do understand that if you want FAST you have to pay for it. Perhaps when I actually get paid for my work, I can afford a faster host. Until then, I will do something else while my files are uploading.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  2. One more thing. Unlike some other well advertized web hosts, Winhost does not try to claim intellectual property rights over user submissions. All they ask for is a license to copy and distribute as necessary for the purpose of serving files on the web. They explicitly state that IP ownership is retained by the user. THey are honorable enough to want to make money off of ONLY what they do and not claim rights to what they have not done. That combined with their practice of full disclosure sold me on trying Winhost.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  3. Well Lionell, I'm glad you're happy!

Thread Status:
Threads that have been inactive for 5 years or longer are closed to further replies. Please start a new thread.