Using URL Rewrite to host multiple sites under one IP address

Discussion in 'DNS/Domain names' started by Steve Miller, May 28, 2015.

1. I've read the articles on Winhost about hosting multiple domains under one site but for some reason I just cannot get my head around making this work. I've tried many ways to setup the URL Rewrite in IIS 8 but I just can't get it do what I want it to do. Help please!

I have 3 sites I want to host under one IP address:

www.aMemoryJog.com
    www.FlipFlopSoftware.com
    www.CountUsDown.com

I routed all of the 3 domains above to the same IP address (199.233.252.104).

At the root of the site, I have a default page called Best-Password-Manager.aspx (this is the page for www.aMemoryJog.com).

I also have another page called Flip-Flop-Software.aspx (this is the page for www.FlipFlopSoftware.com).

Then I created a subdirectory called CountUsDown and it has a default page that shows the home page for CountUsDown.com.

The way I have it setup now:

1. When I go to www.aMemoryJog.com, it works correctly (it shows www.aMemoryJog.com with the correct page.

2. When I go to www.FlipFlopSoftware.com, it changes the URL to www.aMemoryJog.com and shows it instead of www.FlipFlopSoftware.com/Flip-Flop-Software.aspx (which is what I desire).

3. When I go to www.CountUsDown, it changes the URL to www.aMemoryJog.com/CountUsDown, I would prefer it to change the URL to www.CountUsDown.com/CountUsDown.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

2. Nevermind, I figured out a way to do this without URL Rewrite.

aryanprashanth likes this.
  3. Please share with me how you managed to resolve this, I'm facing same issue here now.