Membership error

Discussion in 'General troubleshooting' started by giorgos, Jun 17, 2011.

1. Hi guys,

On my website I am using Membership, so if the clients wants to have access to "specific pages" they have to add Username and password

I am using this tool 1 year now and everything is fine. Today when I add my Username and Password the program accept my credentials, but when I try to navigate to the "specific pages" I get the error:

Server Error in '/' Application.
    The resource cannot be found.
    Description: HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Requested URL: /login.aspx

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.4200; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.4209

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Note that I didn't make any changes to web.config

Please answer to me as soon as possible

2. Hi giorgos,

This 404 error is usually pretty straight forward and indicates that a particular file is missing.

It looks like your application is calling the login.aspx page, but i went through some of your files and it's sub-directories and can't seem to find that file. Unless you have the file in a particular directory I would recommend making sure that you have uploaded it to your site.

3. Thanks jimmywh,

I made a search on google and I have found this article
    http://www.asp.net/guided-tour/sample3.aspx and I found that I am not missing any file.

The clients submit Username and Password(Login form) from the page Default.aspx. Any way I have copy the page Default.aspx and I rename it as Login.aspx.

Now I still have the same problem, I submit my Username and Password, the program accept my credentials, but when I try to navigate to the "specific pages" the program transfer me to the page "http://www.superfootballmanager.com/login.aspx" and ask again Username and Password. If I submit my credentials from the "Login.aspx" page there is no problem to navigate to "specific pages".

This is a bad solution and since last year I never have this issue.

4. Hi guys,

When are you going to answer? Since last week I have this problem and nobody answer.