Discussion in 'Databases' started by winhoau, Jan 28, 2013.

1. Hello,

Trying to log in to Winhost server from Ms SQL Management studio has thrown up a challenge.

I used

Database Engine opened with File/open with new connection/script/connection dialog window;

Server : s09.Winhost.com

Login : DB_38978_wond_ifelodun

Password : control panel password

and I get anerror message login failed for user ...Error 18456

See attached.

Thanks

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  2. Elshadriel

Elshadriel Winhost Staff

You are probably supplying the wrong password. I was able to connect to your database without any issue.

3. Elshadriel,

Thanks for your post. I have gone and changed my password to something else just to make sure I am actually using the right password.However, connection has not been established after many trials.

I am now thinking of running the script I generated from the ASPNETDB in my Visual Studio [which seem to be the only one that updates when I create new users on my local computer] against my MSSQL server whether this will create a full SQL database which I can in turn back up and upload successfully. I have tried to upload all the databases I attached from the ASPNEDB.MDF but either they did not update or they could not be restored in my website.

I am now trying to create a local SQL database using the script. Now, I need to know the file names to change. I have attached a screen shot of the script so you can state precisely the file names that should be changed. Hopefully the new SQL database works.

Thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

4. rum

rum Winhost Staff

I looked at the screen shot you submitted and noticed that you are using incorrect sql login. Winhost sql login should end up in "_user" suffix, therefore it should be DB_xxxxx_wond_ifelodun_user instead of DB_xxxxx_wond_ifelodun. I checked your Winhost account and noticed you have no databases created.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015