DishShout.com

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by thevictorchen, Jan 27, 2012.

1. Hi All,

Relatively new to this forum, but since I'm hosted at Winhost, I thought I'd drop a link to my "side project". I do mainly internal web development, and this is my first real attempt at a public facing website (and it's completely different).

Anyways, the site is http://www.dishshout.com and it's a place I (and I eventually hope others) will post pics of the food they have eaten at restaurants for other to view.

I'm looking for any tips and looking to improve any aspect of the site. Things like color scheme, layout, content layout.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  2. ComputerMan

ComputerMan Winhost Staff

I love how you have your images displayed in the front of the page. I started to drool :eek:

The background color and how you have everything set up is great. The images are nice and big and makes people on to click on the image to learn more about the food. (I know I did)

I like that you placed and address and automatically linked it over to google maps. (Very cool if I'm on the go with my smart phone) I can just simply click on the link and set the GPS on my smart phone and go straight there.

You might want to add a about us page to the site. (For people who want to learn more about your site and why you created it.)

I also noticed how you named your image files on your site. Very important aspect of a site to name the image files like "Sushi.jpg" if it was sushi. And not something crazy like "image5939.jpg". (SEO stuff) something I learned while creating a eCommerce shopping cart for my site. But, it seems that you already did that. :D

You site makes me want to go and try these places out. Good Job! ;)

3. Awesome! Thanks for the feedback and taking the time to review it ComputerMan!