Pre-sales questions from former customer

Discussion in 'Pre-sales questions' started by adimauro, Jul 1, 2010.

1. I tried your service a while ago, and had some problems, namely with the whole 'full-trust' issue. I couldn't get my blog platform to work on your servers. It seems that has changed now. In general, it seems things are improving, and you are supporting the latest technologies, and the IIS Manager access is nice, too. I am thinking of giving it another shot, since I really had no complaints other than that my blog wasn't working.

A few questions, though. I'm not going to go into the whole Domain vs Site argument that seems to keep coming up. I think it's been sufficiently discussed. If I have to pay $9.90 for 2 completely separate sites with different app pools, so be it. Not a big deal, it's still cheaper than most. But, this means there really is no real advantage with the more expensive plans, except for the added space/bandwidth? So it's conceivable to just buy the cheapest plan, and wait until the site grows before upgrading, or is there an actual performance increase in the Ultimate plan, too? (i.e. better server)

Also, your control panel demo has an 'Order New Site' button. So, that means I can manage those separate sites from the same control panel without needing 2 (or more) separate logins?

Can I manage MIME types through IIS Manager? Specifically, being able to upload/download Photoshop PSD files?

That's about it for now. I'll await your response. Thank you.

2. curtis

curtis Winhost Staff

We've always supported full trust. I'm not sure what issue you had previously.

You can manage multiple sites with one control panel. How you want to distribute your sites/plans are up to you. You can upgrade easily in the control panel.

You can manage mime types through iis manager.

3. All plans/accounts run on servers that are spec'ed and configured identically.

Anyway, a "better server" isn't possible! We're already top of the line! :)