What am I doing wrong with the Spam/Content Filter?

Discussion in 'Email' started by DJGray, Sep 10, 2020.

1. Greetings all.

I have been fighting with this for months, trying all manner of approaches to solve it without bugging you all here, but I've hit the wall.

HOW do we enter values in the Content Filter to block specific domains from hitting our inbox. I'll include an example below of an entry that is not being blocked. The rule is, when this domain emails me, bounce the message - don't even let it in.

In my Content Filter, I have about 200 lines that look just like this (trying both ways)

*brandyourself.com
    *.brandyoursel.com

Yet this morning, I received a spam mail from:

[email protected]

This is happening all over the place. I don't want to block just the email address, because they will just generate another account from the same domain. I want to block "brandyourself.com" and about 100 other domains.

Thanks so much for your help. I really appreciate it.

2. Elshadriel

Elshadriel Winhost Staff

I think you just enter the domain name (i.e. brandyourself.com). You don't need to add anything before it.

3. I'm certainly willing to give it a try. I'm getting spammed right off the planet. All it takes is ONE unscrupulous individual to place your emal address on a sale block and BAMM!! You're inundated with junk.