A funny dawg

Discussion in 'Pre-sales questions' started by Guest, Jan 7, 2010.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

I guess you didn't mind being called a "dawg" by the Winhost rep called Vinnie. I thought it was a bit unprofessional but it appears you didn't mind.

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  2. curtis

curtis Winhost Staff

Yo, guest dawg. I don't mind you calling me dawg. It's a term of endearment. Even that randy guy on idol calls everyone dawg too!

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Sure if that's how you want to operate. I was just curious if a potential customer likes that type of professionalism from a vendor he wants to use for services. Possibly you slipped it in without him noticing. I couldn't imagine calling a company or emailing a company with questions and having the rep call me a dawg or using Yo when addressing me. Quite strange.

Cheers from the UK!

4. Yes, it is strange. You're right.

Why are you posting from a web server, by the way? Quite strange.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Relax Hank, I was simply asking a question about your staff using terms like Yo and Dawg and others when addressing customers or potential customers that are asking you questions. It seems to not be very professional in my opinion. Can you imagine calling your Bank and asking how to get an ATM card and having the rep say "Yo Dawg dis is how you do it man". Comparing your use of slang jargon with someone who is an Entertainer on TV doesn't seem to make any sense either and is also quite strange..

Cheers!

6. I agreed with you, it is strange.

Almost as strange as posting to a hosting forum from a web server. Why are you doing that?

I can only think of one reason. Maybe you have another explanation.

7. Guest

Guest Guest

My ISP or how I connect to the Internet has nothing to do with your staff using unprofessional jargon when talking with customers. I'll wait for Gofer01 to respond, hopefully he'll have a comment or two on how he feels about being called a dawg from a potential vendor..

Quote From Vinny (Winhost) in post: http://forum.Winhost.com/showthread.php?p=4173#post4173

"We never intended the response to talk down upon the customer, but rather made a funny about the question, dawg."

That was directed to someone who is a registered user in your forum and wants to become a customer. Strange

Cheers!

8. It has everything to do with it. Answer the question or bugger off, mate!

Or whatever they say in Massachusetts, dawg.

Because, as you know, the only reason someone would post from a web server would be to cover their tracks. There's no legitimate reason otherwise.

And you should also know (no charge for the following information, by the way) that running a web browser on your little VPS there is a big, gaping security hole. A kind of flashing neon COME ON IN! sign for anyone who feels inclined to visit. You might want to fix that hole on your many VPSs. And the web servers at your (main) company. I noticed you have posted from them as well. Not smart. There are a lot of bad guys out there. They are probably crawling all over your network already. Sloppy stuff, man, very sloppy stuff. Real amateur hour. I hope your customer database isn't on that network! Can you imagine? Bad news.

Cheers!

9. I have no idea what any of that means, but I saw 'dawg' and thought someone was calling my name.

10. Guest

Guest Guest

Wow, I really have no idea what you are talking about but attacking me who simply asked a question regarding your professionalism when talking with customers and potential customers shouldn't warrant such fly-off-the-handle response. Demanding to know how I connect to the Internet? I go through my work and I really don't know anything else. I'm not in IT.

I didn't respond to your customer with slang terms, you folks did. Your staff saying Yo and calling people dawgs is quite strange and you still have not supplied a reasonable answer for your public demeanor. You keep deflecting the real question. You even changed the subject of this forum.

Cheers!

11. curtis

curtis Winhost Staff

i may change my name to "atomic dawg". what do you guys think?

12. So you work from web servers in two different countries in the same day? You really get around. You're something special, man!

13. curtis

curtis Winhost Staff

He must be UnderDawg!

14. You might be on to something there. And that's why he needs to maintain a secret identity.

Who knew this would be so exciting?

15. Secret identities? Now I'm really lost. All I know is you can call me YO or DAWG or whatever you want - just don't call me late for dinner!

16. curtis

curtis Winhost Staff

Yeah. It's a dawg eat dawg world out there and I'm wearing milkbone underwear! (Don't know why, I just remember that line from Cheers)

17. Cheers!

18. You guys really crack me up, dawgs.

19. Dawg! You gotta be able to laugh, dawg. Yo.