You guys must be a very new company?

Discussion in 'Pre-sales questions' started by MattSlay, Sep 15, 2009.

1. MattSlay

MattSlay Guest

Are you guys very new at this? (No offense, just asking). Very low price, and low activity in the forums make me think this.

Where we we learn more about the background and structure/size of the company?

2. curtis

curtis Winhost Staff

Yes, we are a new hosting company. We are not trying to hide the fact that we are a new hosting company. We launched a couple weeks ago. No offense taken. This does explain the lower volume of forum activity. And thank you for participating in our forum.

We have more than a handful of staff here and we have experience working at other hosting companies that were sold to bigger hosts. We also have consultants that we work with who have a lot of experience in the hosting business. We are working our butts off to provide a top notch low priced windows hosting service. I hope you try us out.

3. As Curtis said, we all come from a web hosting background and have seen how not to do things in our previous positions. Hopefully that, and a commitment to top quality service, will make us the best option for anyone looking for Windows hosting.

We are in this for the long haul. You don't have to worry that we will fold up our tent and disappear in the middle of the night. ;)

4. Wally

Wally Guest

So it would happen during the Daytime? *LOL* jus kiddin

I'm very interested in setting up a site with your hosting service, but would Like to "talk" to someone regarding my needs,, as opposed to email or IM, ,,,, is that possible?

5. curtis

curtis Winhost Staff

No, we do not have a call center. You can email us to talk to us. Or you can post in the forum. As you can see in the forum, we are active in responding.

6. Gabriel

Gabriel Guest

Just wo welcome

just wanted to welcome you guys to the market you guys are doing an excelent work

7. Ray

Ray

Tnx Gabriel. If you see anything that we can improve on let us know. We always welcome constructive critism. I can not promise that we'll be able to support everything our customers ask for, but it helps us get a good pulse on what our customers are looking for.

8. Wally

Wally Guest

The Active in Responding feature is a bit slow...
    A shame because, that won't work if I were to have a Site Problem;

I see my question was answered 7 hours later, and Gabriel's almost 5 hours later. This is why I inquired about a Human Response.
    Oh Well......I hope this gets resolved

9. There's nothing to resolve. This is a community forum, not the helpdesk. You'll normally get a response within a couple of hours in helpdesk, but the promised turn around time there is 24 hours.

If you want someone to jump in and answer five minutes after you post something in the forum, you'll have to go to a much larger company. Someplace that can pay qualified people to sit in a forum all day waiting to answer questions.

Ironically, companies that are large enough to afford to do that don't do it, and it's usually the smaller companies that are more responsive. If you don't believe me, try asking a question on the GoDaddy forum.

Oh, that's right, they don't have a forum...

You know, just saying.