issue with report viewer control

Discussion in 'General troubleshooting' started by Oscar, Mar 6, 2011.

1. I have uploaded a report, and the 2 microsoft dll files for the report viewer control. When I go to the url of the report, the images for the glphys are not there and the report does not render. I see the bar for exporting, printing, and page scrolling, but no report data. Any ideas on what to try?

2. rum

rum Winhost Staff

Try to set trust level to FULL. Please see this KB article for the instructions on how to do it.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  3. I have set that already. I saw that article and did as it said to put the trust level to Full. I copy-pasted into my web.config. Is there anything I should do with the HTTPHANDLER? I saw that in the KB, but I did not understand it.

4. rum

rum Winhost Staff

Try setting Application Pool Pipeline Mode to "Classic" in your Winhost control panel. Please see this KB article for the instructions on how to do so. Also please note that there is no need to upload ReportViewer DLLs to the Bin folder since ReportViewer 9.0 and 10.0 are installed in GAC of our web servers.

5. We just created a new KB article for ReportViewer Control that you may want to take a look at.

This should fix most issues with reports not being able to render using RVC.