Publishing A Silverlight RIA/EF 4 Application

Discussion in 'Site Programming, Development and Design' started by dave, Apr 4, 2011.

1. Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  2. Hey, thanks for that, Dave. I'm sure it will help a lot of people.

3. Hi
    The link failed, could you restore it ?
    Thanks
    Fred

4. Ray

Ray

Unfortunately this is the members account only the owner of this site can restore it. You may want to send me a personal private email on the forum to see if they can restore it for you.

5. don't succeed to publish EF4 SL BA.

Hi Ray
    Could you restore or provide some info how to config the web.config in order to deploy EF4 ?
    I write this for yeloBizEntities but it seems that it's incorrect.
    since I obtain an error.
    You can see the error when you go to www.diamsword.com
    Thanks

<connectionStrings>
    <remove name="LocalSqlServer" />
    <add name="LocalSqlServer" connectionString="Data Source=tcp:s01.Winhost.com;Initial Catalog=DB_9146_yelotag;User ID=DB_9146_yelotag_user;Password=******;Integrated Security=False;" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" />
    <add name="BizRefConnectionString" connectionString="Data Source=tcp:s01.Winhost.com;Initial Catalog=DB_9146_yelotag;User ID=DB_9146_yelotag_user;Password=******;Integrated Security=False;" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" />
    <add name="yeloBizEntities" connectionString="metadata=res://*/Model1.csdl|res://*/Model1.ssdl|res://*/Model1.msl;provider=System.Data.SqlClient;provider connection string=&quot;Data Source=tcp:s01.Winhost.com;Initial Catalog=DB_9146_yelotag;User ID=DB_9146_yelotag_user;Password=*****;Integrated Security=False;" providerName="System.Data.EntityClient" />
    </connectionStrings>

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  6. Broken link

I'm working on it, strange, I'll get it back soon as I can, I'm not at a machine at the moment.
    Meanwhile, you can navigate to the home page http://www.shownthelight.com/ and see it there.

D

7. coudl you provide a sample connection string ?

coudl you provide a sample connection string which is using EF4 in the web.config ?
    Thanks
    Fred

8. EF4 deployment failed

Hi
    I catch this error

System.ServiceModel.DomainServices.Client.DomainOperationException: Load operation failed for query "GetCheckoutByBizaAndUser.

Format of the initialization string does not conform to specification starting at index 99

What's wrong ?
    any idea how to solve it ?

thanks
    Fred

9. Ray

Ray

First and foremost, what type of application are you running? Is it MVC/RAZOR? And how did you create the application? Did you use Web Matrix or Visual Studio? Did you use web deploy or FTP? On your connection strings I am assuming you actually put the correct password to the db and not the asterisks. I have to ask because sometimes that's what some developers accidentally input.

10. I followed the directions from the ShownTheLight site practically to the letter. I can get to the HTML page (the Silverlight "test" page... Who was the genius who invented THAT?????) Anway, I am experiencing the identical not found error. I set the .DLLs to copy local as was stated on the Blog and I don't know why it still fails on GetCategories.

I am calling this from Sitefinity (which I say at the risk of having everybody jump to conclusions about THAT). Is there a solution to this problem yet?

Thanks!

Steve
    "Steveness" is a play on words about you know who... Nooooo... Not him... HIM!