WordPress Contact Forms not working - tried multiple WP plugins

Discussion in 'Third-party applications' started by watermd, Jun 25, 2014.

1. Hi,

I recently just loaded up a new website and the contact form stopped working. It was working fine on my site while I hosted it and designed it. Upon loading it over to Winhost I got this message when submitting a message through the contact form:

Warning: mail() [function.mail]: Failed to connect to mailserver at "localhost" port 25, verify your "SMTP" and "smtp_port" setting in php.ini or use ini_set() in E:...\wp-content\themes\white-rock\page-contact-progression.php on line 39

I attached a preview below.

I did try multiple other Contact Form Plugins in WordPress and none of them work but they work on my other host provider with Hostmonster.

Your help would be much appreciated to get this working correctly.
    contactpage-form.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  2. ComputerMan

ComputerMan Winhost Staff

You have to edit the SMTP settings so you send the email message via our SMTP service on our mail server with SMTP authenticate with one of your email users.

You can use a Wordpress plug like:http://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-mail-smtp/

It will allow you to edit the SMTP settings.

SMTP Host is: mail.HostingAccountDomain.com
    SMTP port is: 25
    Encryption is: No Encryption
    Authentication: Yes: Use SMTP Authentication

Username: Your Full email address of the email user you want to authentication with.
    Password: The Password for that email user you created on SmarterMail.

Read our knowledge base article if you don't know how to create an email user for your site account.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
    Michael likes this.
  3. Thank you that was very helpful and did the trick for the WP contact form plugins!

Now I'm just trying to figure out how to use the built in contact form with this theme.... which I need to change those settings too. I will talk to the theme developer on where to adjust those. Since I don't do much with emails.

Thanks again for the help!

Michael and ComputerMan like this.
  4. ComputerMan

ComputerMan Winhost Staff

I'm not sure if this will help you but I know it helped me when I was using Contact Form 7 on my personal WordPress Site.

Michael likes this.