Windows Server 2008 R2 & IIS 7.5 Upgrade?

Discussion in 'Pre-sales questions' started by Aain, Mar 28, 2010.

1. Are you planning on upgrading to Windows Server 2008 R2 and IIS 7.5 any time soon?

2. curtis

curtis Winhost Staff

not sure when we'll upgrade yet. what particular feature are you looking for?

3. I was under the impression it was still in beta which means it would be unwise to install on a commercial server.

4. R2's been retail 6+ months.

5. It is still not the final release therefore unwise to put on a commercial server

6. FredC

FredC Winhost Staff

The main reason why we do not currently support Win2k8 R2 is that we do not find any major new features with IIS 7.5. In addition, there's some compatibility issues with IIS manager connecting to IIS 7.5.

When we ask customers who requested Win2k8 R2 about what features they want that are not present on IIS 7.0, we never get any answer.

7. Sorry, I've been away. Life seems to be taking up all my time....

* I was actually worried that if you upgraded, I'd have to be careful NOT to use SQL Server Express. See KB2002980.

* I was also looking for .NET 4 support. I saw in another post that you're doing some testing with it, already.

That's all. Nothing too serious. Keep up the good work.

PS. I love the discounts that you're able to give with SSL Certs. I am planning to move over here, soon. Coordination and timing can be a real b**ch.