Which Silverlight DomainServices.Hosting ddl version

Discussion in 'Site Programming, Development and Design' started by 0022696, Oct 25, 2012.

1. I'm getting the following error, possible during a WCF call. Which version of DomainServices.Hosting is supported?

Thanks in advance

Could not load file or assembly 'System.ServiceModel.DomainServices.Hosting, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

2. Elshadriel

Elshadriel Winhost Staff

Try uploading the missing assembly to the /bin folder.

3. Solution

Turns out the problem was caused because I accidently copied the web.config file over into the clientbin folder. I don't think I need to do this. When I removed it the error went away. If I do need it, please let me know.

4. Elshadriel

Elshadriel Winhost Staff

If it resolved the problem, I presume you don't need it?

5. ComputerMan

ComputerMan Winhost Staff

I don't think you need the web.config file in your client bin folder. If the error went away. All is good right? :)

Thank you for posting what you did to resolve your issue. I'm sure it will help someone else.

6. A better solution

LOL Actually although the problem went away it was replaced by a bigger problem. The new problem was that I didn't have a web.config file :-(

The original reply was correct. I did need the web.config and I had to copy the hosting and service dlls to the bin folder.

Implementing a Silverlight Business application on Winhost has been quite an entertaining process.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  7. Elshadriel

Elshadriel Winhost Staff

Lol. Thanks for the update. I'm sure this will help someone out, and we're glad you were able to fix the issue. :)