What's the version of Entity Framework?

Discussion in 'Site Programming, Development and Design' started by yetchen, Mar 7, 2011.

1. Hi there,

Is the Entity Framework running on this hosting server 4.0?
    (I think it should be due to the .net 4 supporting, just double confirmed)

And the EF4.1 is going to be released soon, so will the hosting server be upgraded together?

thanks.

2. rum

rum Winhost Staff

EntityFramework is a part of .NET framework, therefore, the entity framework will have the same number as the number of ASP.NET Framework set for your site (3.5 or 4.0). We are not planning to offer another version of .NET framework yet.

3. entity 4.1

Hello there
    I have developed one web application and try to deploy it on Winhost. I'm using entity framework 4.1 and I've seen some posts on this forum where the users were able to run their application using this version of framework.
    i'm getting this error message:
    <<Could not load file or assembly 'EntityFramework, Version=4.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.>>
    any idea how to resolve this ? can i add somehow this binary into my solution to properly work on your servers ?
    thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  4. Elshadriel

Elshadriel Winhost Staff

You can try uploading the missing binary to the /bin folder of your application.

5. Thanks a lot for quick reply

I will try to do that right now, and come shortly with an update...
    Seems to work as now the entity issue seems to be resolved.