WebSockets

Discussion in 'Site Programming, Development and Design' started by RollTide, Oct 15, 2012.

1. Has anybody got WebSockets to work on Win Server 2012/IIS8 here?

I was able to make it work on my local server but once I publish to the host here, it doesn't work. I am using a WebSockets enabled browser so that isn't an issue. I'm also handling the ws:// by an an http handler (.ashx) which again works properly on my local server but not here.

Do I need to tell the support staff to enable WebSockets or something?

Thanks..

2. You don't need to enable it, but we also haven't had much success getting the sample WebSockets scripts to run. It's not just us, if you look around, there are a lot of people trying (unsuccessfully) to get it to work in a lot of different environments.

We're still looking in to it, but at this moment I'm afraid we don't have much insight into the issue.

3. Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  4. curtis

curtis Winhost Staff

websockets is enabled on our platform.

5. If you're having trouble with a WebSockets implementation, please contact support and they can help you out.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2015
  6. Thanks Michael. I did contact support earlier and they had to do some configuring on the server to make Web Sockets properly. It is working great now. Thank you and Winhost for the prompt attention +1.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  7. Thank you. It's our pleasure.

8. Hi RollTide,

I am very much interested to know how you have implemented websocket. Will you share some server side snippets. Thanks.

9. I am also interested. Please tell us more, RollTide.

10. ComputerMan

ComputerMan Winhost Staff

You have to open a support ticket with our support department through our ticketing system and ask them to enable web sockets for you. You also have to be on our Windows 2012 IIS 8 server and up.

Michael likes this.