Webmail login fail

Discussion in 'Email' started by camminh, Jun 24, 2010.

1. Hi All,

I just registered the web hosting from Winhost. They assigned me SmarterMail 5.5 email system. That included all POP3, SMTP, Webmail address. I have tried to login my mail box from webmail address but sometime the authorization is fail and we got back the error message is “Email address or password is incorrect.”. If this error happened then the login process will always fail. We need to wait a long time (maybe a day) to reset this status. (Sometime I can login success but the fail time is too many)

We login this webmail using the account that created by Winhost

Username: [email protected]

Password: my password
    Have anyone know what kind of this problem please let me know.

Thank you very much.

James

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  2. Ray

Ray

There is nothing on the server that can cause this. The only thing I can think of is that you are typing the password incorrectly.

3. No, I have written down the username and password to notepad first. Then I copy them to the login textbox but the result still the same.

One important thing is with that username and password I can login to the Smartmail but with the "SmarterMail Manager" link inside the Mail Manager page at the cp.Winhost.com.

Thank you for your reply.
    James

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  4. Ray

Ray

The smartermail Manager in the control panel only logs you into the postmaster account and it automatically inputs the password.

I still think you are putting in either the wrong login or the wrong password or both. Make sure the login is the full email address of the pop account you are trying to access and make sure you are typing the correct password.

As a test use the link in the CP/SmarterMail Manager and log into the postmaster account. Go to the users section and reset the password for the POP account and then log out (not close out) of that webmail interface. Then log in using the full email address and the password you just entered.