Webhost4life Welcome Screen

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by mikev, Jul 23, 2010.

1. If anyone still has sites hosted at the new webhost4life, this is the free welcome screen your site receives for .NET applications - gotta love it.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.OutOfMemoryException: Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.

2. FredC

FredC Winhost Staff

haha.. that's messed up.

3. Knowing the company that bought Webhost4life, you're lucky to get even that.

Problem is their crack support staff will see that and say, "Your site is running, may I provide you with excellent service in any other realm this evening?"

4. Here's the funny thing. When they moved sites of customers, the control panel users were locked out. I then used their live anti-support chat and was asked for the answer to the security question. I said "security question, that must be on the new platform because one was never set or asked before". They then told me to log in to the control panel and set it before they helped me fix not being able to log in to the control panel.

5. curtis

curtis Winhost Staff

wow. I guess they are paid to follow the script and not to use logic. amazing.