web deploy with data configuration ?

Discussion in 'Pre-sales questions' started by byterbit, Jan 17, 2011.

1. Will data configuration be possible with the ASP.NET 4 2010 web deploy feature ?
    I see that you support Web Deploy generally, but also came onto a post from May 2010 that seemed to suggest this feature is not supported , and a more manual method for moving MS SQL Server schema and data was required.

Just to be clear; I have a pro version of MS VS 2010 and in “Create Publish Settings” is a ”Package/Publish SQL” tab. As I understand MS’s docs this allows for the creation of a file that when uploaded to a server will re-create both the site and my local SQL Servers settings , table structures and data. I’m very
    lazy; this would be nice to have.

Many thanks

2. Ray

Ray

I'm not sure on what you mean by "re-create both the site and my local SQL Servers settings" but if you publish your site and database to our servers, the site and database will be dropped and replaced with the new version.

On a side note we now support web deploy.

http://support.Winhost.com/KB/a854/publishing-your-web-project-using-web-deploy.aspx

But web deploy can alter the accounts ACL dropping your write permission on the root. To avoid this you will need to add this line on your project source file before you run web deploy to our web server.

<propertygroup condition=" '$(Configuration)|$(Platform)' == 'Release|AnyCPU' "></propertygroup>

...the line to add before the </propertygroup> tag is...

<includesetaclproviderondestination>False</includesetaclproviderondestination>

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  3. amk2010

amk2010 Guest

i think configuration must not be an issue with the technical support team if you wana buy a hosting plan.