WCF Service problem

Discussion in 'Databases' started by dagarint, Feb 17, 2011.

1. Dear,
    I am using Visual Basic 2010 and I use WCF service to bind data in datagridview from my SQL Database.

Somethimes I get data from my database with no problem and somethimes I don't get data from my SQL database.

I get an error "svc The remote server returned an error NotFound".

WCF service: http://www2.etajnica.com/Pisarna3/MojaPisarnaService.svc
    Database server: server=tcp:s03.Winhost.com;database=*****

Can you help me please.

Tomaž

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  2. Detail error:

System.ServiceModel.CommunicationException was unhandled by user code
    Message=The remote server returned an error: NotFound.
    StackTrace:
    at System.ServiceModel.AsyncResult.End[TAsyncResult](IAsyncResult result)
    at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.EndCall(String action, Object[] outs, IAsyncResult result)
    at System.ServiceModel.ClientBase`1.ChannelBase`1.EndInvoke(String methodName, Object[] args, IAsyncResult result)
    at eTajnicaPisarna3.ServiceReference1.MojaPisarnaServiceClient.MojaPisarnaServiceClientChannel.EndPostaPoslana(IAsyncResult result)
    at eTajnicaPisarna3.ServiceReference1.MojaPisarnaServiceClient.ServiceReference1_MojaPisarnaService_EndPostaPoslana(IAsyncResult result)
    at eTajnicaPisarna3.ServiceReference1.MojaPisarnaServiceClient.OnEndPostaPoslana(IAsyncResult result)
    at System.ServiceModel.ClientBase`1.OnAsyncCallCompleted(IAsyncResult result)
    InnerException: System.Net.WebException
    StackTrace:
    at System.Net.Browser.AsyncHelper.BeginOnUI(SendOrPostCallback beginMethod, Object state)
    at System.Net.Browser.BrowserHttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
    at System.ServiceModel.Channels.HttpChannelFactory.HttpRequestChannel.HttpChannelAsyncRequest.CompleteGetResponse(IAsyncResult result)
    InnerException: System.Net.WebException
    StackTrace:
    at System.Net.Browser.BrowserHttpWebRequest.InternalEndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
    at System.Net.Browser.BrowserHttpWebRequest.<>c__DisplayClass5.<EndGetResponse>b__4(Object sendState)
    at System.Net.Browser.AsyncHelper.<>c__DisplayClass2.<BeginOnUI>b__0(Object sendState)
    InnerException:

Tomaž

3. Ray

Ray

The stack trace is really not enough to diagnose the problem. How long does this error last? Can you simply refresh the browser and does that clear it? If it doesn't try this, log into your Winhost control panel and under Site Info Manager go the Recycle App Tool and recycle your application pool.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  4. Dear Ray,
    thank you for your response. This error last about 5 to 10 minutes. I can't refresh the browser, because I use OOB Silverlight application. In application I clicked on button to receive data again, but nothing heppend. The data didn't show.
    This error occurred today when more people as in the past at the same time use application.
    When this error will happen in the future I will recycle my application pool. Then we will see what happend.
    Greetings, Tomaž

5. Dear Ray,
    this error occurred today again. As you proposed to me, I recycled my application pool and after that I got data from my SQL database and everything was OK.

But this is not a right solution (everytime recycle my application when I can't get data).

Can you help me again please.
    Tomaž

6. Ray

Ray

It sounds like your application pool is being recycled. We have several conditions in which your application pool will be recycled by our server. These thresholds were put in place to make sure that no single application consumes all of the servers resources. These are the conditions.

1) More than 20 minutes of idle time (no http request in 20 minutes).
    2) The application uses more than 100 MB memory for the Basic plan or 200 MB for Max & Ultimate plan.
    3) The application uses more than 75% of CPU time.

Make sure you application is not hitting any of these thresholds.