Want to Start Over

Discussion in 'General troubleshooting' started by JackWebb, Feb 4, 2010.

1. Now that I'm getting the hang of everything, I tried to add a test site as a subdomain, and everything is just all messed up. For instance, I deleted all the files in my root, and put a copy of my client's production site into my root. But when I go to mydomain.com, I still my test site, which I thought I deleted.

How do I clean it all out, to Start over?

Thanks,
    JJW

2. Ray

Ray

Try clearing your browser cache and/or temporary internet files. Sometimes things get cached and displays the old page.

3. Hey Ray,

I've cleared all temp internet files, cleared out the cache, have no trace of my new version anywhere, and yet it still shows up. Is it IIS 7? Which by the way, once I started messing with the site, I can no longer get a connection set up in. In fact, when I hit the IIS 7 hurdle, I figured I just wanted to start over from scratch. Anyway, the new site still shows up, but it's no longer there at Winhost!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  4. Ray

Ray

The server doesn't cache any sites. It's typically the users browsers or the router that cached it. Or sometimes they files where uploaded to some subfolder and users get an impression that it was never loaded. You might want to check on that.

5. yup, there was some hidden stuff.

thanks