Resolved and currently monitoring W19 issue

Discussion in 'Outages and maintenance' started by rum, Mar 28, 2019.

Thread Status:
Threads that have been inactive for 5 years or longer are closed to further replies. Please start a new thread.
  1. rum

rum Winhost Staff

There is an issue with w19 server. Our system administrators are investigating it.

Schnitzel likes this.
  2. FredC

FredC Winhost Staff

The data drive on the server seems to have issue. We are actively working on this issue.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

3. Throw W19 in the bin. It runs like a piece of shit and has been doing that for a few weeks now.

92% uptime the last week
    97% uptime in last month

Please keep us posted on the progress.

4. Appreciate you guys working on this but every time there are issues I get a slew of emails from users. Email failure etc. Let's get this resolved for the long haul...

5. This is the second time in less than two months, and my clients are specting compensation, what kind of compensation winhost are planning for us??, at least I think that we need a backup server to run our aplicatins when this happens

6. FredC

FredC Winhost Staff

There seems to be some disk corruption (possibly related to the outage last night).

We are running another check disk now.

7. I do not know what to say to the clients!!!

Could you tell me what time you have estimated this serious problem will be solved?

8. Do you know when this might be fixed? I have received four phone calls from my client saying that he hasn't been able to access his website since yesterday.

9. Even though you can't give us an estimate on when it'll be done you can say what you're working on and how long it will take before proceeding to the next option. We are tech people or have our tech people close by. We need to decide on whether or not to get ready to migrate to a new server.

10. What is the status of the w19 ISSUE?

11. curtis

curtis Winhost Staff

As posted ealier we are running another check disk, similar to last night's maintenance, so it will be some hours before its done.

12. That's pretty vague considering people are losing a lot of money and customers. That's enough to get ready for a migration.

13. Hi @curtis
    Your response sounds really vague and lack of professionalism.

We need an estimate, we have clients and we life from this.

Then please have a little more consideration and provide a better feedback.

Regards!!

14. ComputerMan

ComputerMan Winhost Staff

The web server has disk corruption and we're running a check disk at the moment. Our system admins have not provided a ETA but as soon as I hear something I'll reply back on this forum post.

15. I am very angry !, you say in your ultimate plan "24/7 Server Monitoring System" and this is a lie, I'll pick up a ticket as soon as a client informed me and just there you opened this thread of the forum, and it has already happened to me times. I am disappointed with your service, your way of answering that does not clarify anything, since you say that you are running a disk check, when today at dawn you already ran it and had closed the discussion of the forum because it was resolved. And we are again in the same problem. Now you can not confirm that after they run the desk again, this will be stable. What do you think about it? Which guarantees that after running that disk check will not happen again this serious error?

16. I hope a remedy is available soon. Afterward, it will be helpful to understand what happened at a technical level and how this will be prevented in the future to help us determine if this is our best solution (make sure there is a solid bidirectional understanding of expectations).

17. We need an update on estimate for when this will be fixed.
    Not reporting anything as to status or estimated fix time is very concerning.

Schnitzel likes this.
  18. These repeated, lengthy outages are unacceptable. I am going to be moving my hosting services elsewhere.

19. I'd be crazy to risk this again. Once up I'm out.

Schnitzel likes this.
  20. ComputerMan

Current Status:

Last night we took a scheduled maintenance to proactively run a check disk to prevent a bigger issue at a later point in time.

Unfortunately, this morning about 2 hours after the server was brought back online, the web server started to report disk corruption issues. The Microsoft system forces us to run a check disk. This is currently running now.

Simultaneously, we're pulling our backups from our DPM and getting a server ready to revert to backups.

So we have two parallel activities going on.

We will provide more details as we get them.

21. I have 2 different servers through winhost. I only have problems with this one. It's been down a lot of late as everyone knows and that's why you were running the scheduled maintenance. You should have had the new or backup server loaded in anticipation of this bigger issue.
    What's worse is you spent the whole day re-running the check when you could have been working on the backup server. I'm not keeping my site on this server no matter what. You need to sway it out.

22. Sorry but I must vent, What is happening is not to believe! I try to get clients, improve my service and this happens to me. What sadness gives me all this, a whole job in the trash with several clients.

Maybe you are doing everything possible to get this resolved, but I feel that it is too late and I am not convinced by what they are doing or delivering.

23. Can we please have an ETA for a fix?

It is morning here in Sydney now and our customers are dropping like flies.

24. ComputerMan

No exact ETA yet but we're still working on it. We're hoping to finish as soon as possible.

25. ComputerMan

Once I get more information I'll post it. As of right now we're still working on it.

26. I don’t mean to pile on, but this outage is about to cost me my largest client.

I’ve been fighting going to Azure but this is definitely making me rethink renewing when my subscriptions are up in 3 weeks.

As many here do, I also work in IT full time. There is absolutely no excuse for not having a hot backup or failover system ready to go.

27. It's like this server had been sitting in a dark, dusty corner in a back closet for years. I certainly hope I'm getting my quarterly payment back. I'm an hour in and almost done transferring my sites to another host.

28. ComputerMan

Check disk is still running at the moment. If I hear anything new I'll provide that information.

29. Is there a backup plan to get our sites back up? Obviously we all know this is a ridiculously long and unacceptable outage.

30. Come on Winhost...Give us an indication...

Where is the Disk Chk % at?
    Are you going for fixing the existing hardware or moving the backup to new hardware?

It is unacceptable that you are not providing any type of ETA on this issue.

Thread Status:
Threads that have been inactive for 5 years or longer are closed to further replies. Please start a new thread.