using database control

Discussion in 'Databases' started by kiran, Sep 15, 2010.

1. Hi Team,

I had created a database table in Winhost account.
    and following the steps I had Published SQL database to the Winhost SQL 2008 Server...

But I am not able to see the data in win host data base...

why...

Thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  2. Ray

Ray

When you ran the Database Publishing Wizard, are you sure you set the settings to also publish the data? By default it is set to false.

3. storing the data from fourm in Winhost database

Thanks for the quick replay Ray...

I certainly appreciate it...

Here is my requirement...
    where I had created a form and place it in internet...

when anyone fills the form and click on submit button, than that form should be stored in Winhost database and an e-mail should be sent to mail_id...

for this, is it enough if I create a table in Winhost or should I create a table in our local database and than pass the values to Winhost...

Please explain me how to do that...

Thanks

4. Ray

Ray

You have another thread concerning this. I think you are getting two things confused. One is storing the data to the SQL database, and the other is sending an email. These are two different things.
    Its really hard to tell you step by step on what to do but in a nut shell, you need to create a web page. That web page connects to the SQL server. You have a SQL Insert statement along with that connection. All the values you capture in your text field is passed to that SQL Insert statement.

The second part is sending an email. This is a completely different coding. Try looking at this kb article.

http://support.Winhost.com/KB/a650/how-to-send-email-in-aspnet.aspx