URL Rewriting ASP.NET AJAX Error

Discussion in 'Site Programming, Development and Design' started by elitemike, Jul 7, 2010.

1. Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  2. Ray

Ray

It doesn't matter how deep the folder levels get, how you setup the condition and the path it redirects to will dictate how the http call will be redirected.

3. Well I found that the site does not work right off the root, but runs fine in the 2nd level. When it's on the first level, Ajax does not work for some reason.

Ray, we need good examples. Your articles aren't good enough. My site that I've been trying to get running works just fine when it's 2 levels deep. BUT, I don't want to see my url as domain.com/sub1/sub1/myfile.aspx

For basic websites, there should be no reason why there isn't a tutorial that shows the incoming rules to direct a domain to a sub-folder, and also the rules to hide the sub-folder name leaving only the domain. These should be standard minus the domain and the sub-folder name.

Create a basic site with something using the Ajax control toolkit and show how to get this working in a sub-folder. I can bring a lot of new business, but I keep telling them to hold off. I don't have an issue paying to have certain sites on their own account, but some there just isn't a need.

webhost4life does not use URL rewrite 2.0, but their method DOES hide the sub-folder name from URL. They are using ISAPI_Rewrite.

The one article I found that shows all the steps didn't fully work for me and it's probably something I'm doing wrong.

By the way, I love the service and I'm not trying to be a pain. I love the control, but I"m not experienced with doing things like this.

4. Ray

Ray

What do you mean AJAX don't work in the root? What is the error you are getting.

5. The guy that wrote up the tutorial I followed is looking over all my rules and code. Hopefully he can figure it out and gives a good base to follow.

Ray, I can't reproduce the error at this point. I just took off the rules to get the site up and running. When the site was in the first subfolder, ajax just wouldn't load. ajax toolkit could not be found, missing objects ect. fiddler would show the the .axd files not being found.

6. Ray

Ray

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  7. Thanks Ray, that's not the problem, I understand how the tool works. It's all an issue with the re-write rules

8. Ray

Ray

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015