UpdatePanels not doing anything when published

Discussion in 'General troubleshooting' started by Typewriter, Feb 29, 2012.

  1. I'm probably just ignorant here, but I'm having an issue that I haven't been able to find an answer to yet.

    I'm using Visual Studio to develop my webpage, and it's working great in development.

    I have two dropdownboxes that activate an updatepanel, and objects in that updatepanel activates a second updatepanel.

    In development this all works great.

    Now that I've published it though I use one of my initial dropdown boxes, and nothing happens. I don't receive any errors or anything, but my updatepanels don't seem to be updating.

    I have no idea if this is just because I'm missing some setting, or need to make some minor change, but it's a bit of a problem for me right now.

    Thanks for any input.
  2. Elshadriel

    Elshadriel Winhost Staff

    Do you have a URL I can check out?
  3. http://psychetools.net/WordsOfPower.aspx

    The top two drop down boxes are not in any update panel.

    Everything starting at "Words Current Level" up to and including the button that says "Add word to spell" are in one update panel.

    Everything below that is in the second update panel.
  4. Hmmmm...

    Someone told me to try using Firebug and I've been playing with that for a bit, and I just got a failure to connect to database bug. I'm going to look into this a bit further.

    I wouldn't think I'd need to change my connection string when I go from development to published.
  5. I've moved my question to the database section, since that seems more appropriate now that I know what's happening.
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015

Share This Page