Unable to send mail using winhost email service

Discussion in 'Email' started by cardguys, Sep 26, 2011.

1. Hello all,

So, I have a web application that sends mail to my users and unfortunately I can send mail to any email address using the smtp server provided to me by Winhost on my localhost, but when I publish I just get errors.

Thus far, I've been asked to raise the 'trust' level to full(which I did), supply a 'machine key' which I've tried(both via web config and iis 7 server manager), and even changing ports between 25 and 587.

Other error messages that I've originally received was that the server couldn't connect or timed out to the outgoing server(?)

I'm fairly new to mail servers(services) and would appreciate any help that can be given :)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  2. Thanks for informing us about your issue. Can you submit a ticket to our support staff for this issue? We need more information to determine the actual problem. If you post your code here we can possibly help a bit more. However, when you submit the support request we will have your domain /account and can look deeper into your specific problem.