Unable to find the requested .Net Framework Data Provider. It may not be installed.

Discussion in 'Databases' started by ccosborn, Jun 6, 2011.

1. The following statement --

"var user = db.QuerySingle("SELECT Email FROM UserProfile WHERE LOWER(Email) = LOWER(@0)", email);"

-- throws an exception. The error is "Unable to find the requested .Net Framework Data Provider. It may not be installed."

Here is my connection string.
    <configuration>
    <connectionStrings>
    <add name="ApplicationServices" connectionString="Data Source=tcp:s05.Winhost.com;Initial Catalog=xxx_apaidataf1;User ID=xxx_apaidataf1_user;Password=xxxxxx;Integrated Security=False;"/>
    </connectionStrings>
    <system.web>
    <compilation debug="true" targetFramework="4.0"/>
    <authentication mode="Forms">
    <forms loginUrl="~/Account/Login.aspx" timeout="2880"/>
    </authentication>
    <membership>
    <providers>
    <clear/>
    <add name="AspNetSqlMembershipProvider" type="System.Web.Security.SqlMembershipProvider" connectionStringName="ApplicationServices" enablePasswordRetrieval="false" enablePasswordReset="true" requiresQuestionAndAnswer="false" requiresUniqueEmail="false" maxInvalidPasswordAttempts="5" minRequiredPasswordLength="6" minRequiredNonalphanumericCharacters="0" passwordAttemptWindow="10" applicationName="/"/>
    </providers>
    </membership>
    <profile>
    <providers>
    <clear/>
    <add name="AspNetSqlProfileProvider" type="System.Web.Profile.SqlProfileProvider" connectionStringName="ApplicationServices" applicationName="/"/>
    </providers>
    </profile>
    <roleManager enabled="true">
    <providers>
    <clear/>
    <add connectionStringName="ApplicationServices" applicationName="/" name="AspNetSqlRoleProvider" type="System.Web.Security.SqlRoleProvider"/>
    <add applicationName="/" name="AspNetWindowsTokenRoleProvider" type="System.Web.Security.WindowsTokenRoleProvider"/>
    </providers>
    </roleManager>
    </system.web>
    <system.webServer>
    <modules runAllManagedModulesForAllRequests="true"/>
    </system.webServer>
    </configuration>

Does anyone know what to do?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  2. Ray

Ray

This is a Razor issue. First off, you will need to make sure you upload all the required assemblies/binaries to your Bin folder that is deployed on the web server. To do this, open VS, I am assuming you are using VS, open the site and right click on the project. If you go to Website/Add Deployable Dependencies. Choose that and it will automatically create a Bin folder and upload all the required binaries to the Bin folder. Go back to Website/Add Library Package Reference... That will open the Add Library Package Reference window. Make sure you choose All for the Installed Packages and on the top right corner type on the search text box "SimpleMembership.Mvc3". Install that on your application. Re-deploy your web application unto the server.

3. I went ahead and dropped Razor/MVC/etc. (I have nothing that works) and did a ASP.NET 4 template -- locally I was connected to your database and everything worked.

I posted the details under ASP.NET Failure to Deploy.