Unable to find the requested .Net Framework Data Provider. It may not be installed.

Discussion in 'Site Programming, Development and Design' started by Jitendra, Sep 10, 2013.

1. Hello,
    I am working on MVC 4 and EntityFramwork so on my local machine working fine but once I changes the conection string from server data then I am getting error like this.

"Unable to find the requested .Net Framework Data Provider. It may not be installed."

I did many things to resolved problem, but I am not able to resolved this problem I had install SQLCERuntime 64 and 32 bit also and many more for changes but still this problem is not resolved....

so what I have to do on my Server so that I can able to resolved this problem..?

I am using shared hosting server..!

Thank you,
    -Jitendra Jadav

2. ComputerMan

ComputerMan Winhost Staff

Is this happening on a hosting account hosted on our web server? Can you give us a screen shot of the full error message? If possible instructions on how to recreate the error on our end.

3. this will happen when I am trying to connect my hosted Database ..
    even if I could use local machine connection string then I am able to access Database but if I could use EntityFramwork connection string to access my hosted Database then I am getting error like this..

[​IMG] EntityFramwork_error.png error.png

4. Elshadriel

Elshadriel Winhost Staff

Are you using an SQL CE database by any chance? Make sure you upload the necessary .dlls.