Trying to create directory on my account, for 2 websites. How?

Discussion in 'Site Programming, Development and Design' started by JamesHurst, Mar 14, 2015.

1. I'm trying to create a 2nd website on my account, using your directions. I went into the control panel, and created a new "Application Starting Point". I created /designforge for it (I had \lognutus previously, for my LogNut.us website). However, when I point an FTP program to it (using WS_FTP Pro) - it does not show the /designforge directory! It only shows lognutus. When I click on "Up", in WS_FTP, to go up one level, it then shows only "/" but no sub-directories. None at all! I can enter "/lognutus" to get down into the lognutus directory. But entering "/designforge", has no effect at all.

I did create a web.config within /lognutus to try to use URL Rewriting, to direct users to one website or the other. It doesn't work. If you point a browser to "www.lognut.us" it does pull up the LogNut website just fine. But if you enter "www.designforge.com", it also brings up the LogNut website.

2. ComputerMan

ComputerMan Winhost Staff

Your root directory is /lognutus

Anything before that isn't your root directory.

So if you have a subdirectory your trying to upload. It would something like this: /lognutus/designforge

If the directory isn't there. Then the directory isn't created. Go ahead and create it via the FTP program.

Also, I would strongly suggest you read our knowledge base article here: https://support.Winhost.com/kb/a1130/how-to-host-multiple-domains-under-one-site-account.aspx

Read the section "Accomplishing the Redirect". There are some great links on how to complete your redirect. But read those articles very carefully. One little mistake will cause it all to fail and not work.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
    Michael likes this.