Trying to connect using IIS 7.5 Mgr

Discussion in 'Site Programming, Development and Design' started by danshand, Feb 6, 2012.

1. Hello,
    Is it possible to connect to a Winhost site using IIS 7.5 Manager (instead of 7.0)?...It does not match the instructions for Using the Microsoft IIS 7.0 Manager in the Knowledgebase. Not sure if I should be trying: Add Web Site... or Add FTP Site...? Which is correct to use?

But either way, first screen asks for Site Name (FTP Site Name for Add FTP Site...) and also Content Directory / Physical Path. I keep getting the error: The specified directory does not exist on the server. (I am failing on the Physical Path part). I am trying to connect to dmendoza.net/cardealerbasicversion. This directory does exist and is working well. I am using domain name for Site Name (dmendoza.net) and variations of subdirectory for Physical Path (/cardealerbasicversion, dmendoza.net/cardealerbasicversion, etc).

Is this worth pursuing or better to download IIS 7.0 for connecting to Winhost website?

Thanks
    Dan

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  2. I have the same question

I also have IIS 7.5...need same questions answered.

3. Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  4. Posting Decoded (Expression Decoder 3) files

I have read about 100 pages of introductions and instructions regarding the use of IIS SMooth Streaming Manager. HOwever, all these instructions dealt with the IIS MANAGER residing on the server.

I followed the Winhost instructions and successfully installed the REMOTE IIS MANAGER on my home PC, and have made good connection with my website on the server. My question is: to which directory and how do I post my decoded files (folder). I have always used FTP to upload to my website. Now with this REMOTE IIS MANAGER on my home PC, connected to my website on the Winhost server, I do not have a visual image in my mind regarding the flow of files???

Please help. I searched the web and found a lot os "stuff", but not the answer to my question. Does the server need some code set to enable it to function with my REMOTE IIS MANAGER? THere is such a thing as IIS EXTENSION??? Does that need to be installed on the server?

THanks

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015