Took database offline to restore a backup; now I can't log back in

Discussion in 'Databases' started by japinthebox, Jan 28, 2010.

1. Since I can't restore a database backup while the database is online, I set it to offline. Now I can't log back into it!

I tried going into the cp hoping there might be some settings I can tinker with there, but it just takes me to https://cp.Winhost.com/error/500.htm.

Can you please restart my database?

And how should I normally do database backup/restore on your service?

Thanks in advance,

Rei

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  2. Ray

Ray

You should be able to set your database online again. Try running the SQLCMD command against your database and set it online. This is done through the DOS command prompt.

C:\>sqlcmd -S [db server] -U [db user] -P [db paassword]
    1> alter database [db name] set online
    2> go

Remember tha tthe 'sqlcmd' command comes with SQL Server Management Studio. If you do not have this installed on the computer your are running the command on, it will not work. You should also be able to log in with SSMS and right click on the database to set it online again.

3. Hmm....

C:\Users\rei>sqlcmd -S s01.Winhost.com -U DB_2872_aoi_user -P (password)
    Msg 4064, Level 11, State 1, Server S01, Line 1
    Cannot open user default database. Login failed.
    Msg 18456, Level 14, State 1, Server S01, Line 1
    Login failed for user 'DB_2872_aoi_user'.

C:\Users\rei>

I'm pretty sure the login is correct, because I have my username/password saved in SSMS and I have the same problem there too.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  4. Ray

Ray

I suggest you open a ticket to our support department on this issue. Outline exactly what you did, and paste the exact error on the ticket thread.