Tinymce Images

Discussion in 'General troubleshooting' started by daveharney, Dec 16, 2015.

1. I'm using ASP.NET MVC Forum software and having a problem with the Tinymce editor that's embedded in that forum software. The editor provides for two methods of inserting an image into a comment:

1. A URL like the image feature in this editor
    2. A browse feature that allows for an upload of an image from a users local computer.

The URL (external file) method works in some browsers (Edge & Chrome) but not in IE11.
    The browse method doesn't work in any browser. It goes through the motions of finding the image on the local computer but the result is a broken image icon instead of the actual image.

Is this an inherent WinHost restriction - perhaps for security reasons, or is there some kind of configuration issues that I need to fix?

Thanks much for any help!

2. Elshadriel

Elshadriel Winhost Staff

Try checking with the vendor if they have a newer version. Seems like a browser compatibility issue to me.

Michael likes this.
  3. Thanks for the reply. Turns out that the forum software uses a customized version of TinyMce. I switched back to the standard version and it no longer crashed. The standard version doesn't support uploading images directly from a user's local PC - but I don't consider that a necessary feature.

Elshadriel and Michael like this.