There is a duplicate 'system.web.extensions/scripting/scriptResourceHandler' section defined

Discussion in 'Site Programming, Development and Design' started by Pandi P, Apr 14, 2015.

1. Hi,

I Moved the files from one server to another server, after uploaded I did the database configuration.
    After updated I checked the site but its not work.

I got error as follows "There is a duplicate 'system.web.extensions/scripting/scriptResourceHandler' section defined".

Site URL : http://sleep-ksu.com/Home.aspx

please help to me fix this issue.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2015
  2. ComputerMan

ComputerMan Winhost Staff

First make a backup of the web.config file by downloading it locally onto your computer and place it to the side.

Then download the web.config file again but this time open it in note pad and remove the line

Code:
    <section name="scriptResourceHandler" type="System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingScriptResourceHandlerSection, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" requirePermission="false" allowDefinition="MachineToApplication" />
    from the web.config file and upload the new edited web.config file to see if that resolves the issue.

3. Hi,
    Thanks for your reply.
    I removed that code what you suggest. Still showing the error.
    Can you please check and send your comments to fix this.

4. ComputerMan

The error looks similar but it's different. Now you need to remove the other line too:

Code:
    <section name="jsonSerialization" type="System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingJsonSerializationSection, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" requirePermission="false" allowDefinition="Everywhere" />

5. Hi,
    Thanks for your reply.
    I removed all errors line in the section tag.
    Still getting some other error for Database.

<add name="CMSConnectionString" connectionString="Persist Security Info=False;database=DB_88142_sleeplive;server=75.125.28.187,1750;user id=DB_88142_sleeplive_user ;password=REMOVED;Current Language=English;Connection Timeout=240;" />

Database Name: DB_88142_sleeplive
    Version: MS SQL 2008 R2
    Database User: DB_88142_sleeplive_user
    Password : (REMOVED)

I used this to connect the database. but got login error.
    Can you please check and send your comments.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2015
  6. ComputerMan

Change the IP number of 75.125.128.187 to the SQL database URL of: s07.Winhost.com

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  7. FredC

FredC Winhost Staff

i am not getting any error from the page. what is the error?